Monday, December 19, 2011

Aihki - Samarkand (Eddie C Remix)























Worked on this remix at the old homestead where I had my studio as a teenager in Ontario. It was a hectic time preparing for the move overseas but still managed to finish off a few pieces of work! Aihki are a Nordic/Balearic? ensemble from Helsinki drawing their inspiration from Reindeer, Finnish Folk and guitar lessons :). Honoured to be asked by Coyote to contribute a remix to this EP. Available now on Is It Balearic Records at all fine record shops.

It's Record of the Week down at Piccadilly!



3 comments:

  1. Hi,Eddie C.
    I write a review this vinyl (text Japanese)
    my web site http://wp.me/p1RqFt-tM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the review! Maybe you haven't heard other 'Balearic' sounds from me? :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdkdvO9xEW8
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, for interest... I recorded the sounds of the waves and the children myself while on holiday in Placencia, Belize in 2004.

    ReplyDelete